Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Titian The Fall of Man painting

Titian The Fall of Man paintingJohn William Godward Nu Sur La Plage paintingJohn William Godward Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder painting
FLAVIUS (suddenly serious and fetching a deep sigh):
Ah, my dear, dear mother! What message does my mother send me? Have I her sacred blessing still, brother?
HERMANN: Brother, you have wounded our wise and noble and prolific mother to the soul. She says that she will turn her blessing into a curse if you continue to be a traitor to your family and tribe and race, and do not instantly come over to us again and act as joint-General with me.
FIAVIUS (in German, bursting into tears of rage): Oh, she never said that, Hermann. She couldn't have said that. It's a lie you made up yourself just to make me unhappy. Confess it's a lie, Hermann!
HERMANN: She gave you two days to make up your mind.
FLAVTUS (to his groom}: Hi, you ugly-faced pig, give me my horse and arms! I'm going over the stream to fight my brother. Hermann, you foul thing, I'm coming to fight you!
HERMANN: Come 'on then, you one-eyed bean-eating slave, you!
Flavius Jumped on his horse and was about to swim it across

No comments: