Saturday, October 4, 2008

Claude Monet The Waterloo Bridge The Fog painting

Claude Monet The Waterloo Bridge The Fog paintingClaude Monet The Tuileries paintingClaude Monet The Seine at Rouen I painting
It’s the one time it could do no conceivable harm,’ I said.
‘Contra mundum?’
‘Contra mundum.’
‘Bless you, Charles. There aren’t many evenings left to us.’ And that night, the first time for many weeks, we got deliriously drunk together; I saw him to the gate as all the bells were striking midnight, and reeled back to my rooms under a starry heaven which swam dizzily among the towers, and fell asleep in my clothes as I had not done for a year.
Next day Lady Marchmain left Oxford, taking Sebastian with her. Brideshead and I went to his rooms to sort out what he would have sent on and what leave behind. Brideshead was as grave and impersonal as ever. ‘It’s a pity Sebastian doesn’t know Mgr Bell better,’ he said. ‘He’d find him a charming

No comments: