Monday, June 9, 2008

Perez white and red painting

Perez white and red painting
Monet Woman In A Green Dress painting Even so void is your false heart of truth.By heaven, I will ne'er come in your bedUntil I see the ring.
NERISSA
Nor I in yoursTill I again see mine.
BASSANIO
Sweet Portia,If you did know to whom I gave the ring,If you did know for whom I gave the ringAnd would conceive for what I gave the ringAnd how unwillingly I left the ring,When nought would be accepted but the ring,You would abate the strength of your displeasure.
PORTIA
If you had known the virtue of the ring,Or half her worthiness that gave the ring,Or your own honour to contain the ring,You would not then have parted with the ring.What man is there so much unreasonable,If you had pleased to have defended itWith any terms of zeal, wanted the modestyTo urge the thing held as a ceremony?Nerissa teaches me what to believe:I'll die for't but some woman had the ring.
BASSANIO
No, by my honour, madam, by my soul,No woman had it, but a civil doctor,Which did refuse three thousand ducats of meAnd begg'd the ring; the which I did deny himAnd suffer'd him to go displeased away;Even he that did uphold the very lifeOf my dear friend. What should I say, sweet lady?I was enforced to send it after him;

No comments: