Tuesday, June 10, 2008

George Frederick Watts Love And Life painting

George Frederick Watts Love And Life painting
Francisco de Goya Nude Maja painting
Yet but three? Come one more;Two of both kinds make up four.Here she comes, curst and sad:Cupid is a knavish lad,Thus to make poor females mad.
[Re-enter HERMIA]
HERMIA
Never so weary, never so in woe,Bedabbled with the dew and torn with briers,I can no further crawl, no further go;My legs can keep no pace with my desires.Here will I rest me till the break of day.Heavens shield Lysander, if they mean a fray!
[Lies down and sleeps]
PUCK
On the groundSleep sound:I'll applyTo your eye,Gentle lover, remedy.
[Squeezing the juice on LYSANDER's eyes]
When thou wakest,Thou takestTrue delightIn the sightOf thy former lady's eye:And the country proverb known,That every man should take his own,In your waking shall be shown:Jack shall have Jill;Nought shall go ill;The man shall have his mare again, and all shall be well.
[Exit]

No comments: