Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pablo Picasso The Old Guitarist painting

Pablo Picasso The Old Guitarist painting
Vincent van Gogh Starry Night over the Rhone painting
Such wind as scatters young men through the world,To seek their fortunes farther than at homeWhere small experience grows. But in a few,Signior Hortensio, thus it stands with me:Antonio, my father, is deceased;And I have thrust myself into this maze,Haply to wive and thrive as best I may:Crowns in my purse I have and goods at home,And so am come abroad to see the world.
HORTENSIO
Petruchio, shall I then come roundly to theeAnd wish thee to a shrewd ill-favour'd wife?Thou'ldst thank me but a little for my counsel:And yet I'll promise thee she shall be richAnd very rich: but thou'rt too much my friend,And I'll not wish thee to her.
PETRUCHIO
Signior Hortensio, 'twixt such friends as weFew words suffice; and therefore, if thou knowOne rich enough to be Petruchio's wife,As wealth is burden of my wooing dance,Be she as foul as was Florentius' love,As old as Sibyl and as curst and shrewdAs Socrates' Xanthippe, or a worse,

No comments: