Monday, March 30, 2009

Juan Gris Pears and Grapes on a Table

Juan Gris Pears and Grapes on a TableJuan Gris Guitar with ClarinetJuan Gris Guitar on a TableJuan Gris Guitar and Music PapeJuan Gris Fantomas Pipe and Newspaper
She’s not my girlfriend!’
‘Would‑be girlfriend,’ said Gaspode, ‘is goin’ out every night and tryin’ to open that door in the hill. She tried it again last night, after you’d gone. I saw her. I stopped her,’ he added, defiantly. ‘Not that I expect any credit, of course. There’s some dretful in there, an’ she’s lettin’ it out. No wonder she’s always late and tired in the mornings, what with spendin’ the whole night diggin’.’
‘How do you know they’re dreadful?’said Victor weakly.
‘Put it like Exactly how, though? thought Victor, as they trudged out into the sunshine. Excuse me, miss, my dog says that you . . . no. I say, Ginger, I understand that you’re going out and . . . no. Hey, Ginj, how come my dog saw . . . no.
Perhaps he should just start up a conversation and wait until it got around naturally to monstrosities from Beyond the Void.this,’ said Gaspode. ‘If something’s shoved in a cave under a hill behind great big doors, it’s not ‘cos people want it to come out every night to wash the dishes, is it? ‘Corse,’ he added charitably, ‘I’m not sayin’ she knows she’s doing it. Prob’ly they’ve got a grip of her weak an’ feeble cat‑lovin’ female mind and are twisting it to their evil will.’‘You do talk a lot of crap sometimes,’ said Victor, but he didn’t sound very convincing even to himself.‘Ask her, then,’ said the dog, smugly.‘I will!’‘Right!’

No comments: