Tuesday, February 3, 2009

John William Waterhouse Odysseus and the Sirens

John William Waterhouse Odysseus and the SirensJohn William Waterhouse My Sweet RoseJohn William Waterhouse Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
No! No. She just needs a bit of help. I can't do it myself for a little while, but I won't be long. I'm going to… I've got things to do. But I'll be back soon, and I'll take her , I promise. You won't have to do it for long."
The mother was looking at her son with such trust, and he turned and smiled at her with such love and reassurancehim, bewildered. He bent over and kissed her clumsily.
"Don't worry," he said. "Mrs. Cooper will look after you better than me, honest. And I'll phone up and talk to you tomorrow."
They hugged tightly, and then Will kissed her again and gently unfastened her arms from his neck before going to the front door. Mrs. Cooper could see he , that Mrs. Cooper couldn't say no."Well," she said, turning to Mrs. Parry, "I'm sure it won't matter for a day or so. You can have my daughter's room, dear. She's in Australia. She won't be needing it again.""Thank you," said Will, and stood up as if he were in a hurry to leave."But where are you going to be?" said Mrs. Cooper."I'm going to be staying with a friend," he said. "I'll phone up as often as I can. I've got your number. It'll be all right"His mother was looking at

No comments: