Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Leighton A Bather

Leighton A BatherLeighton A Bather 1Ingres Queen Caroline MuratIngres Portrait Of Mademoiselle Caroline Riviere
escape, if you can. Strider can take you by paths that are seldom trodden. Will you have him?'There was a heavy silence. Frodo made no answer, his mind was confused with doubt and fear. Sam frowned, and looked at his master; and at last he broke out:'With your leave, Mr. Frodo, I'd say no! This Strider here, he warns and he says take care; and I say yes to that, and let's begin with him. He comes out of the Wild, and I never heard no good of such folk. He knows something, that's plain, and more than I like; but it's no reason why we should let him go leading us out into some dark place far from help, as he puts it.'Pippin fidgeted and looked you really know about - about my; and how do you know it?''The lesson in caution has been well learned,' said Strider with a grim smile. 'But caution uncomfortable. Strider did not reply to Sam, but turned his keen eyes on Frodo. Frodo caught his glance and looked away. 'No,' he said slowly. 'I don't agree. I think, I think you are not really as you choose to look. You began to talk to me like the Bree-folk, but your voice has changed. Still Sam seems right in this: I don't see why you should warn us to take care, and yet ask us to take you on trust. Why the disguise? Who are you? What do

No comments: