Sunday, October 5, 2008

George Frederick Watts Sir Galahad painting

George Frederick Watts Sir Galahad paintingGeorge Frederick Watts Love And Life paintingchilde hassam In a French Garden painting
about Brideshead to a funny little man who seemed to know us very well. He said he was called Mr Samgrass. Apparently he’s one of Lord Copper’s middle-aged young men on the Daily Beast. I tried to feed him some paragraphs, but he seemed to know more about you than I do. He said he’d met me years ago at Brideshead. I wish Julia had come in; then we could have asked her about him.’
‘I remember him well.He’s a crook.’
‘Yes, that stuck out a mile. He’s been talking all about what he calls the “’Brideshead set”, Apparently Rex Mottram has made the place a nest of party mutiny. Did you know? What would Teresa Marchmain have thought?’ ‘I’m going there tonight.’
‘Not tonight, Charles; you can’t go there tonight. You’re expected at home. You promised, as soon as the exhibition was ready, you’d come Johnjohn and Nanny have made a banner with “Welcome” on it. And you haven’t seen Caroline yet.’

No comments: