Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav Klimt Mother and Child detail from The Three Ages of Woman painting

Gustav Klimt Mother and Child detail from The Three Ages of Woman paintingRembrandt Samson And Delilah paintingGuido Reni The Archangel Michael painting
then another person says it's Dr. Spielman --"
The import of her "Hmp" at mention of this name I could not assess, though I listened closely.
"And you've said different things at different times yourself," Anastasia went on. "Even that I'm not your daughter. . ." Her voice grew less steady.Now, now, now. . ." So like was that voice to the one that had gentled my two-score weepings in terms gone by, I could have wept again at sound of it. I yearned to burst in and beg my Lady Creamhair's pardon; must press my forehead to the frosted door-glass to calm me. Some minutes the ladies wept together. Then there was a snap of purses and blow of noses upon tissues, after which Virginia Hector said: "I have much to be forgiven, dear, Founder knows. . . No, no, don't be so kind; you've every right to hate me for the way I behaved when you were little. I flunk myself a hundred times over just to remember it, and when Ithink of you married to that beast. . ."
"Oh, now," Virginia Hector said. Anastasia repeated that her affection for her mother could not be diminished by the facts, whatever they were -- at least she began to repeat some such sentiment, but was overtaken midway by tears.

No comments: