Sunday, July 13, 2008

John Collier paintings

John Collier paintings
Jose Royo paintings

SCARLETT: Mortgage on Tara... RHETT: What would I do with a farm? SCARLETT: You wouldn't lose, I'd pay you back after next year's cotton.RHETT: Not good enough. Have you nothing better? SCARLETT: You once said you loved me. If you still love me, Rhett...RHETT: You haven't forgotten that I'm not a marrying man.SCARLETT: No. I haven't forgotten, RHETT: You're not worth three hundred dollars. You'll never mean anything but misery to any man. SCARLETT: Go on, insult me, I don't care what you say, only give me the money! I won't let Tara go, I can't let it go while there's a breath left in my body. Oh, Rhett, won't you please give me the money?RHETT: I couldn't give you the money if I wanted to. My funds are in Liverpool, not in Atlanta. If I tried drawing a draft, the Yankees would be on me like a duck on a junebug. So you see my dear, you've abased yourself to no purpose. Stop it! You want the Yankees to see like this? SCARLETT: Take your hands off me, you dunk! You know what I am going to say before I started. You knew you wouldn't lend me the money and yet, and yet, you let me go on.RHETT: I enjoyed hearing what you had to say. Cheer up, you can come to my hanging and I'll remember you in my will.SCARLETT: I'll come to your hanging. The only thing I'm afraid of is they won't hang you in time to pay the taxes on Tara.

No comments: